The Supreme Court recently approved the new schedule of the filing of Petitions to Take the Bar Examinations to July 1, 2011 up to August 15, 2011, considering that the date of the 2011 Bar Examinations has been moved from September to November 2011.
The resolution approving the new schedule was recommended by the SC Office of the Bar Confidant. Previously, the schedule for the filing of such petitions was from June 1 to July 15.
The change in the schedule is attributed to the change in the Bar Examinations’ date, which was moved to give time for law professors and students to adjust to the approved reforms in the exams.
The Court also took into consideration the rainy weather in September, considering that in 2009, the Court was compelled to suspend the last day of the Bar Exams due to Tropical Storm “Ondoy.”
The reforms were recommended by 2011 Bar Examinations Chairperson Justice Roberto A. Abad and the Philippine Association of Law Schools. The approved reforms include changing the exams’ format, with multiple-choice questions in 60 percent of the exams and essay-type questions making up the remaining 40 percent.
The venue for this year’s Bar Exam will be at the University of Santo Tomas. (BM No. 1161, Re: Proposed Reforms in the Bar Examinations, February 1, 2011)