Women's Month Celebration 2022
The Celebration has since served as a venue to highlight women’s achievements and discuss continuing and emerging women’s empowerment and gender equality issues and concerns, challenges, and commitments. The running theme for this year is WE MAKE CHANGE WORK FOR WOMEN and aligned with this are the following activities:
- March 1, 2022: Kick-Off Activity of the Women’s Month Celebration
All employees are encouraged to wear purple to mark the celebration and all Mondays of the month.
A video compilation of the entries from the One Billion Rising tiktok challenge and messages from the 1BR VDay Celebration will be uploaded at the Supreme Court’s social media accounts.
- conduct of the following online trainings via Zoom:
- Gender Sensitivity Training (4 March 2022, Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM)
This online training aims to familiarize participants on basic gender concepts and the critical need to close the gap to ensure gender equality in the Supreme Court.
- Woman in the Field of Science: Empowering Women to Beat COVID19: Variants, Vaccines and Values (11 March 2022, Friday, 1:00 – 4:00 PM)
This online program aims to eliminate myths and beliefs on COVID 19 and its variants, the efficacy of the vaccines and women’s roles during this pandemic.
- RA 10364: Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2012 (15 March 2022, Tuesday, 10:30 AM – 12:00 NN)
This online seminar aims to present R.A. 9208 or the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003 as amended by R.A. 10364 also known as the Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2012. A detailed discussion of its salient features and the coverage of the law in contrast with R.A. 9208.
- Parenting Seminar on Cyberbullying: How to Spot Online Abuse and Parental Self Care during Pandemic (17 March 2022, Thursday, 10:00 AM – 12:00 NN)
This online parenting seminar aims to discuss the current situation of children during online class and the threat of cyberbullying. An expert will help give parents some tips on how to spot abuse in virtual learning set up and help parents how to deal with this set up.
Target participants are parents of SC Day Care Center alumni and other interested employees.
- Woman Inspiring Others: The Community Pantry Phenomenon (21 March 2022, Monday)
This online activity aims to showcase Ms. Anna Patricia Non, the woman behind the “Community Pantry Phenomenon” on how she was able to inspire the whole country with the noble endeavor she began and the next steps to further the cause.