J. A. Reyes, Jr.
Concurring and Dissting Opinion
Separate Concurring Opinion
Separate Concurring Opinion
Separte Concurring Opinion
Temporary Restraining Order
Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, et al. Vs. Department of Energy, et al.
The legal fees to be collected in cases of liquidation of solvent juridicial debtors, liquidation of insolvent juridicial and individual deptors, conversion from rehabilitaion to liquidation proceedings, suspension of payments of insolvent individual debtors and petitions in an out of court restructuring agreement provided under A.M. Nos. 12-12-11-SC and 15-04-06-SC
Amendment of A.M. No. 03-03-03-SC, dated June 17, 2003, for the expansion of the coverage of cases cognizable by the special commercial courts to inclue all cases on insolvency and liquidation under the FRIA
Proposed Rules on E-Filing & Proposed Rule for the Efficient Use of Paper
A.M. No. 10-3-7-SC / A.M. No. 11-9-4-SC
2 - In 1847, the Court’s 1st Associate Justice and its 1st Chief Justice, Hon. Cayetano S. Arellano, was born.
- SC designates 99 Regional Trial Courts (RTCs) nationwide as special courts to hear, try and decide cases involving extrajudicial killings in 2007.
6 - Hon. Lourdes Paredes-San Diego is appointed the first woman Presiding Justice of the Court of Appeals in 1980
- Chief Justice Ramon C. Aquino resigns in 1986 upon the request of the administration of President Corazon C. Aquino
7 - A Provisional Law on the Judiciary is passed by the Malolos Congress in 1899
10 - The Court of Appeals is abolished in 1945 (EO 37)
11 - The "Parity Amendment" to the 1935 Constitution is ratified in a plebiscite in 1947
12 - The Philippine Judicial Academy is established with Hon. Ameurfina A. Melencio Herrera as Chancellor in 1996 (SC-AO 35-96)
14 - The RP-US Military Bases Agreement is signed by President Manuel A. Roxas and US Ambassador Paul V. McNutt in 1947
17 - President Ramon Magsaysay dies in a plane crash in 1957
18 - Vice President Carlos P. Garcia is sworn in as President of the Philippines in 1957
20 - Chief Justice Manuel V. Moran retires in 1951
- In 1987, the Supreme Court strikes down Executive Order 626-A, which banned transportation and slaughter of carabaos, as unconstitutional in G.R. No. 74457 (Ynot v. Intermediate Appellate Court)
22 - Gen. Emilio F. Aguinaldo takes his oath as President of the Revolutionary Government in 1897
24 - The Tydings-McDuffie Act (Public Act 127) is signed by US President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1934
25 - President Corazon C. Aquino issues Proclamation No. 1, directing “all public officials to submit their courtesy resignations beginning with the members of the Supreme Court" in 1986
- Proclamation No. 3 providing for the "Freedom Constitution" is issued in 1986
- The jurisdiction of Metropolitan Trial Courts (MeTCs), Municipal Trial Courts (MTCs), and Municipal Circuit Trial Courts (MCTCs) is expanded in 1994 (RA 7691)
30 - Maria V. Francisco is the first woman admitted to the Bar in 1911
31 - In 1993, the Court’s 90th Associate Justice and its 15th Chief Justice, Hon. Ramon C. Aquino, passed away.
For the Information and Guidance