Separte Concurring Opinion
Temporary Restraining Order
Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, et al. Vs. Department of Energy, et al.
The legal fees to be collected in cases of liquidation of solvent juridicial debtors, liquidation of insolvent juridicial and individual deptors, conversion from rehabilitaion to liquidation proceedings, suspension of payments of insolvent individual debtors and petitions in an out of court restructuring agreement provided under A.M. Nos. 12-12-11-SC and 15-04-06-SC
Amendment of A.M. No. 03-03-03-SC, dated June 17, 2003, for the expansion of the coverage of cases cognizable by the special commercial courts to inclue all cases on insolvency and liquidation under the FRIA
Proposed Rules on E-Filing & Proposed Rule for the Efficient Use of Paper
A.M. No. 10-3-7-SC / A.M. No. 11-9-4-SC
1 - The Court of Appeals is established in 1936 by Commonwealth Act No. 3
2 - CONSTITUTION DAY
- The 1987 Constitution is ratified by the Filipino electorate with an overwhelming “yes” vote in February 1987
- Proc. No. 211 declares February 2 of every year as "Constitution Day" in 1998
3 - The Spanish law of civil procedure is extended to the Philippines in 1888
4 - The Philippine-American War begins with the shooting by an American sentry of a Filipino soldier at the San Juan Del Monte Bridge in 1899
- President Ferdinand E. Marcos signs PD 1083 (Code of Muslim Personal Laws of the Philippines) in 1977
5 – CHINESE NEW YEAR
6 - The U.S. Congress ratifies in 1899 the Treaty of Paris of December 10, 1898 by which Spain cedes the Philippines to the United States for the sum of $20 million
- The Customs Service is constituted and the Court of Customs Appeals is established in 1902
7 - Presidential "snap" elections between Ferdinand E. Marcos and Corazon C. Aquino are held in 1986
8 - The 1935 Constitution is adopted by the Constitutional Convention
14 - Philippine representation to the Spanish Cortes is granted in 1810
15 - Ferdinand E. Marcos is proclaimed President of the Philippines by the Batasang Pambansa in 1986
17 - In 1891, the Court’s 38th Associate Justice and its 8th Chief Justice, Hon. Ricardo M. Paras, was born.
Chief Justice Ricardo M. Paras, Jr. retires in 1961
19 - CHIEF JUSTICE JOSE ABAD SANTOS DAY
- In 1886, the Court’s 28th Associate Justice and its 5th Chief Justice, Hon. Jose B. Abad Santos, was born.
- In 1992, the Court’s 85th Associate Justice and its 14th Chief Justice, Hon. Felix V. Makasiar, passed away.
22 - The People Power Revolution starts at EDSA in 1986
23 - The jurisdiction of the Court of Appeals is expanded in 1995 (RA 7902)
25 - EDSA PEOPLE POWER REVOLUTION ANNIVERSARY
- Proclamation No. 555 s. 2018 declares February 25, 2019 as a special non-working day
- In 1852, the Court’s 6th Associate Justice and its 2nd Chief Justice, Hon. Victorino M. Mapa, was born.
- President Corazon C. Aquino takes her oath of office before Supreme Court Justice Claudio S. Teehankee, Sr. in 1986
26 - The law establishing the Philippine Judicial Academy (RA 8857) is passed in 1998
27 - The Commonwealth government is fully restored in 1945
For the Information and Guidance