|For questions related to published decisions, resolutions and other general information about the Supreme Courtfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|For comments or questions on lawyers, judges and non-judge judiciary workers (which will be referred to the appropriate offices)||email@example.com|
|For invitations for the Chief Justices, the Senior Associate Justice and the Associate Justices of the Court to conferences and forums (which will be referred to the appropriate Chambers)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|For feedback on the website and its email@example.com|
|For questions, requests, comments on all other matters not covered by the above, including request for court firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Please continue to @SCPh_PIO us on twitter but we hope that you will please understand that we do not follow other accounts and will not answer questions through twitter due to the constraints imposed by brevity.|
|It is our hope that we can better serve you in this way. Thank you for your continued support and feedback.|
Separate Concurring Opinion
J. Velasco, Jr.
Separate Concurring Opinion
Temporary Restraining Order
Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, et al. Vs. Department of Energy, et al.
The legal fees to be collected in cases of liquidation of solvent juridicial debtors, liquidation of insolvent juridicial and individual deptors, conversion from rehabilitaion to liquidation proceedings, suspension of payments of insolvent individual debtors and petitions in an out of court restructuring agreement provided under A.M. Nos. 12-12-11-SC and 15-04-06-SC
Amendment of A.M. No. 03-03-03-SC, dated June 17, 2003, for the expansion of the coverage of cases cognizable by the special commercial courts to inclue all cases on insolvency and liquidation under the FRIA
Proposed Rules on E-Filing & Proposed Rule for the Efficient Use of Paper
A.M. No. 10-3-7-SC / A.M. No. 11-9-4-SC
1 - The Philippine Bill of 1902 is enacted by the US Congress
- The Rules of Court are promulgated to supersede the Code of Civil Procedure (Act 190) and the Code of Criminal Procedure (General Orders 58) in 1940
- In 1918, the Court’s 110th Associate Justice and its 17th Chief Justice, Hon. Pedro L. Yap, was born.
- Intellectual Property Courts and Commercial Courts are consolidated into Special Commercial Courts in 2003
- Hon. Victorino M. Mapa is appointed as 2nd Chief Justice in 1920
- Hon. Marcelo B. Fernan is appointed as 18th Chief Justice in 1988
2 - In 1960, the Court’s 169th Associate Justice and its 24th Chief Justice, Hon. Maria Lourdes P. A. Sereno, was born.
- Hon. Enrique M. Fernando is appointed as 13th Chief Justice in 1979
4 - Philippine independence is recognized by the United States in 1946. Manuel A. Roxas and Elpidio Quirino are sworn into office as President and Vice-President, respectively, of the new Republic of the Philippines
8 - The Supreme Court convenes its first session in 1901
9 - Hon. Manuel V. Moran is appointed as 7th Chief Justice in 1945
10 - Delegates to the Constitutional Convention are elected in 1934
15 - Bar Matter 1161, reforming the Bar examinations, takes effect in 2004
- In 1936, the Supreme Court rules that the Electoral Commission is “the sole judge of all contests relating to the election, returns and qualifications of the members of the National Assembly” in G.R. No. L-45081 (Angara v. Electoral Commission)
16 - The SC sponsors the Summit on Extrajudicial Killings and Enforced Disappearances, upon the initiative of Chief Justice Reynato S. Puno, in 2007
17 - The Supreme Court implements the Hustisyeah reform project in Quezon City in 2013
18 - The Judiciary Development Fund is established in 1984 (PD 1949)
- In 1999, the Court’s 111th Associate Justice and its 18th Chief Justice, Hon. Marcelo B. Fernan, passed away.
24 - Chief Justice Enrique M. Fernando retires in 1985
25 - In 1915, the Court’s 80th Associate Justice and its 13th Chief Justice, Hon. Enrique M. Fernando, was born.
- Hon. Felix V. Makasiar is appointed as 14th Chief Justice in 1985
26 - In 1924, the Court’s 15th Associate Justice and its 3rd Chief Justice, Hon. Manuel G. Araullo, passed away.
30 - The General Election for the First Philippine Assembly is held in 1907
- The Constitutional Convention is assembled with Claro M. Recto as President in 193431 - The Spanish Civil Code is introduced in the Philippines in 1889
For the Information and Guidance